Case Study: Test Automation
CHALLENGE & TEST REQUIREMENTS
- Canadian Tire Bank was seeking a partner with strong test automation expertise to design and implement a holistic automation solution – comprising tools, practices, and expert resources – to increase quality for the online banking application.
- They were new to test automation and to internal functional testing as a practice. As such, QAC architected a ‘perfect fit’ solution that melded both with their stringent tool requirements and their established Agile methodology.
- QAC would be joining CTB’s Agile team well into mid-project and would have to tackle the backlog of testable requirements.
- Additionally, physical space for new team members was severely limited at the CTB site necessitating offsite work.
- Provided 6 resources lower cost than FTE or local contractors
- 20% overall cost reduction realized
- Automation test framework works perfectly with client tool stack
SOLUTION & APPROACH
- QAC provided a solution-based team team of 6 Automation Specialists to build a BBD framework
- The team was based in the onshore QAC Test Factory (Toronto) to work remotely
- QAC built an automation framework with Selenium, Java, and Zephyr
- Did the BA Analysis, requirement planning, and defects tracking
- Weekly Status updates and demos to the internal team
- Delivered automation solution built to client request
- QAC integrated seamlessly with client’s QA team to provide automated testing knowledge transfer
- Completely automated 100% of the project
- Completed projects on time and on a fixed budget