The purpose of this document is to describe the steps needed to install NeoLoad Web as a stand-alone private cloud implementation on Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS). This is for Neotys customers who may need to use an on-premise installation, in addition to the publicly available SaaS version provided by Neotys.
These instructions are specific to implementing NeoLoad Web as a managed Kubernetes cluster using Amazon AWS cloud, and specifically the Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS) for the deployment.
Before you begin
Neotys is expecting that anyone attempting to set this up already has experience with AWS cloud services, Kubernetes, Docker, YAML, mongodb, and the various CLI’s mentioned in this documentation. Neotys has provided online documentation through their web site and github repositories to help with NeoLoad specific tasks, but building out the infrastructure and services around the solution is the responsibility of the implementation person. This document is an attempt to help provide further guidance and make the process as easy as possible, but some experience by the user will be necessary to address unknown issues that may arise.
You will need the following:
- Amazon Account with permissions to do everything in this article
- The ability to route DNS records
- An understanding of network routing on AWS, including setting up Application Load Balancers
- The ability to set up a mongodb database, either as a cloud SaaS version or a stand-alone version on a virtual/physical machine
- For one time setup, there are several programs and command-line interface applications (CLI’s) that should be installed on your local machine. You will need permission to install and configure these
Scott Moore, Scott Moore Consulting
Perfvangelist, Host of the Performance Tour (perftour.us)