Case Study: Performance Testing
The Performance Test phases aim to address the following requirements:
- Assess performance of application and infrastructure for system capacity under the future volumes.
- Perform a base line of net new functionality introduced as par t of Tahoe 2 to understand the performance characteristics
- Evaluate system performance against performance requirements
- Uncover performance bottlenecks within the application/infrastructure
- Support system tuning and performance optimization
- Determine throughput levels
- Assist in verifying adequacy of infrastructure sizing
The test results gathered during performance testing will be used to identify, isolate and remediate potential performance bottlenecks within the underlying infrastructure and application architecture.
In addition, the test results gathered can be used to help validate the scalability of specific components to support the anticipated growth of the PRESTO Solution.
- Our team has demonstrated a delivery approach based on applying the industry’s best thinking on innovative approaches, tools, IPT (Integrate PerformanceTesting), and engineering principles across the SDLC.
- Use a flexible Performance methodology that supports end-to-end, mobile, and ad-hoc performance testing of releases and potentially productions systems.
- Focus on identifying performance defects earlier in the cycle
- Reduce incidents of production issues and cost to fix
- Demonstrate ability to meet performance expectations at the specified load levels/SLAs
- Enhance performance engineering practices throughout the SDLC
- Minimize performance test delivery time with experienced resources
- Increase amount of performance test scope included per release
- Access to high quality performance testing skills to support projects on demand Reduce Cost – Production downtime avoidance
- Reduce expensive production “firefights” and reduce cost to fix
- Increase leverage of offshore performance team
- Manage infrastructure costs; accurately size and manage capacity
- Skilled resources and reusable assets are ready for immediate deployment based on project timelines
- Ready to deploy project management framework to reduce start-up activities
- Measurement framework to manage efficiency and improve outcomes