Case Study: Back Oce MS Dynamix AX CRM Testing, System Integration Testing, Test Automation
CHALLENGE & TEST REQUIREMENTS
- FGL Sports was completing a POS Refresh Program which included the implementation of a new CRM, called Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- The Challenge was to implement this new system into their legacy environment and integrate it across the backend. Also, working in a multi-vendor, multi-SDLC (Waterfall and Agile) environment.
- Test scope included Back Office MS Dynamix AX CRM Testing, and Technical System Integration Testing with the IBM IIB (ESB).
- Automation of the Technical SIT Testing where possible.
- Provided Team with expertise in all project technologies.
- Team was able to work offsite and onsite when needed.
- Team provided best practice approaches to QA.
SOLUTION & APPROACH
- QAC provided a Team which consisted of a hands-on QA Lead who was a MS Dynamics AX Expert, a IBM IIB (ESB) QA Expert, 2 MS Dynamics CRM Test Specialists, and 2 SIT Test Specialists.
- Team worked in a combination of onsite and offsite, with the QA Lead and SIT Lead based onsite in Montreal, and the rest of the team based out of the QAC TestFactory.
- QAC Team was flexible to come onsite when needed, and provided OT and Weekend support when requested.
- Delivered fully integrated POS and CRM system integrated the full FGL Sports Corp., as well as integrations with Mark’s and Canadian Tire.
- Delivered all QA and Testing on-time and on-budget.
- Delivered reusable QA and Testing assets and artefacts for future releases and regression.