QA Consultants is an industry leader in helping organizations to bring their web content to WCAG conformance.
- Specialized WCAG Level A, AA and AAA Accessibility Testing Practice since 2013
- Strong and deep pool of Accessibility Testing QA and consulting (SME) specialists
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the WCAG 2.0+2.1 Principles, Guidelines, Success Criteria and Techniques
- Strong experience delivering WCAG conformance services to various clients including government agencies, Fortune 500 corporations, financial institutions, web design agencies, etc.
- Proven methodology for bringing web content items such as webpages, documents (including PDF, MS Word, PowerPoint, etc.) audio and video up to WCAG conformance
- Advanced and industry-leading testing techniques which optimize efforts and timelines via the usage of manual, computer-assisted and automated methods
- Provide detailed reporting that is consultative in nature, which enables concise and focused code changes to address defects and ensure client WCAG conformance
- Specialized solution model which guides clients through the WCAG conformance process, including working with creative and web design agencies, development teams, etc.
Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) Training Services
In Ontario, Canada, as a part of the Accessibilities for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), there was a mandatory requirement for organizations to have their public-facing websites and web content be WCAG 2.0 Level A conformant as of January 1, 2014. As of January 1, 2021, all public-facing websites and web content need to be WCAG 2.0 Level A and Level AA conformant.
Similar types of standards requirements exist in other jurisdictions across the world (ADA, Section 508, EN 301 549, etc.)
In order to assist and enable organizations with meeting this requirement, QA Consultants is now offering Accessibility (WCAG) Training services which will provide organizations with foundational knowledge on the WCAG Principles, Guidelines and Success Criteria.
QA Consultants is now offering a training course in WCAG conformance which includes the following:
- Live Instructor-led course performed by an industry subject-matter expert in WCAG conformance
- WCAG 2.0 at a glance: Introduction to WCAG, the Principles, Guidelines and Success Criteria
- Deep dive into the 38 WCAG 2.0 Level A and Level AA Success Criteria:
- Walkthrough of the Success Criteria, the definition and meaning
- What’s important to know about each Success Criteria?
- What do you need to do to be in conformance with each Success Criteria?
- Examples and/or exercises
- Q & A
This education course has been designed for the following types of roles:
The WCAG Conformance Training Course can be delivered in the following formats:
- In-person at the QAC head office located in the QAC TestFactory® in North York
- In-person at the customer-site (please note that applicable travel expenses may apply depending on the location)
- Remotely via conference call and screen share (ex. Microsoft Teams Meeting)
Options for customized course material are available
- Examples and exercises using customer-specific web content
- Tests, assessments, and quizzes
- Assignments and case studies
- Computer-based Learning Modules (LMS), and videos
- Guides and documents
Additional training topics available include:
- WCAG 2.0 Level AAA
- WCAG 2.1 Level A, Level AA and Level AAA
- Screen Readers
- WCAG Tools
QA Consultants’ WCAG Conformance Training Course Packages available:
- Three 3-hour education sessions to cover the WCAG 2.0 Level A and Level AA curriculum
- One 3-hour Q & A and Deep Dive Session (can also be used for any overage from the first three sessions)
Individual education sessions:
- Single 3-hour education session to cover specific WCAG Topics and Guidelines/Success Criteria
Customized course material:
- To be assessed based on the individual requirements
Contact QA Consultants to discover more about QA Consultants’ Accessibility (WCAG) Conformance Training Services.
4711 Yonge Street,
Suite 1500, Toronto,
Ontario, M2N 7E4