Our testing services ensure your website and mobile devices are WCAG 2.0 compliant WCAG 2.0 is a globally accepted standard for web accessibility developed by an international team of experts, the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). WCAG 2.0 sets out guidelines for organizations to make their websites more accessible for people with disabilities. QA Consultants can help you become compliant. We have the skilled people, software, diagnostic tools, systems, hardware platforms and devices necessary to test compliance for your website. We can provide comprehensive reports that demonstrate your organization’s intent to meet these requirements while working closely with your in-house development teams and outside vendors to correct non-accessible web pages and interfaces.
Why it’s important
Becoming compliant is the right thing to do. If customers can’t operate your site, your message becomes ineffective.
Benefits of accessibility compliance:
- Reduce regulatory and business risk
- Enhance website performance and quality
- Improve user access and satisfaction
Beginning January 1, 2021: all public websites and web content posted after January 1, 2012, must meet WCAG 2.0 Level AA other than criteria 1.2.4 (live captions) and 1.2.5 (pre-recorded audio descriptions).
Federal agencies will be required to comply with the revised Section 508 standards beginning on January 18, 2018.
What we bring
Our accessibility testing solution uses the following three-step approach to reduce risk, enhance web performance, and improve user access:
1. Client discovery – deliverable: a report outlining findings, the scope of requirements
- What are the relevant WCAG/accessibility specifications for the website and application?
- What elements of the website should be tested?
- Where else on the website can WCAG/accessibility be implemented for improved performance?
2. Build a simulated, real-user environment – deliverable: testing recommendations and plan
- Use identified requirements from client discovery (phase 1) to define hardware, software, tools and settings in order to simulate the real-world set-up of a daily use environment for a person with a disability
3. Test case selection, updating and execution – deliverable: a report outlining defects and website recommendations:
- Define new, pre-built and in-scope test cases
- Undertake testing
QA Consultants is the first and leading provider of compliance testing to meet the Government of Ontario’s Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. The Act’s objective is to make websites and applications accessible to users with various disabilities (auditory, visual, cognitive and motor) through the application of user interface (UI) standards and incompatibilities with a third-party application.
A Level and AA Level AODA Compliance
It’s important for your organization to become A and AA compliant. By becoming A and AA compliant, you can:
- satisfy the Ontario government requirements
- retain and or gain customers
- maintain favourable social responsibility
If your website and mobile apps are not compliant, your organization runs the risk of experiencing a regulatory audit, bad publicity and missing out on an important user community.
The AODA mandate commenced on January 1, 2012, and applies to all private and public organizations that provide goods and services to the public. Our experienced compliance solutions team ensures that an organization’s website content and user interface complies with AODA’s requirements – following the principles of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0. We apply our proven testing methodology, pre-built test cases and industry expertise to quickly and effectively evaluate a website and estimate potential risks and ideal fixes.
AODA Compliance Package
QA Consultants offers an A Level and AA Level AODA compliance audit special for $10,000 per website.
What you get
• Access to our expert knowledge base allowing you to comply quickly and efficiently at a great price
• Detailed reporting which enables concise and focused code changes to address defects and ensure client WCAG / Section 508 compliance
• Specialized solution model which guides you through the WCAG 2.0 / Section 508 compliance process, including working with creative and web design agencies, development teams, etc.
For those looking to become AODA / WCAG 2.0 Level A, AA & Section 508 compliant we can help.
The fines for persons or organizations convicted of an offence under the AODA are:
• Up to $50,000 for each day or part day that an offence happens
• For a corporation, up to $100,000 for each day or part day that an offence happens
Click here to find out how we can help your company become AODA compliant.
Click here to find out how we can help your company become WCAG 2.0 & Section 508