Case Study: Test Automation
CHALLENGE & TEST REQUIREMENTS
- Format of STTM Documents had to be improved to include all necessary information for proper development and testing (filter criteria are missing, data relationship to BADR DB was not comprehensive)
- Lack of ability to create DB Links between databases (no ability to query between 2 databases) lead to additional time with creation of Excel verification framework.
- Lack of ability to create DB Links between databases lead to the “limited data validation coverage” where MS Excel couldn’t handle the volume of data.
- Team constantly provided feedback to improve the STTM Documents.
- Through all iterations of the project, the QA Team has identified and managed to work on 78 Defects
- 76 Medium & 2 Low Severities
- 59 Defects have been addressed, retested and closed
SOLUTION & APPROACH
- On June 26, 2018 the QA Team immersed themselves into the TCB workplace and were able to get up-to speed in a timely manner.
- As of July 6, 2018 QA Team started receiving STTM documents for Test Case authoring.
- QA Team was working on an on-going basis to provide gap analysis on the continuously changing 25 STTM documents, which in turn leads to the higher quality of CustomerInfo and TCBView data.
- QAC Team was able to increase coverage and execution speed with each new release.
- QAC Team successful concurred and overcome continues problems with lack of fully completed mapping documentation.
- QAC identified an average of 20 defects per release.
- QA Team authored and executed 823 Test Cases within 99 Test Suites throughout all releases.
- With each iteration, execution speed was increased drastically by the QA Team and they were able to complete identified tasks within project.